Vango Thermatrek Compact Sleeping Mat
A lightweight and compact sleeping mat. The new Closed Cell construction retains heat and is highly waterproof while a coated aluminium base provides added insulation to fend off cold nights. Ideal for hiking, easy to fold and pack away.
Sleeping mat ideal for using in the Spring and Summer months R Valve – 1.5
- Closed Cell Foam Construction – Provides insulation, flexibility and is waterproof
- Dimple Shaped Design – Soft, durable and provides support including spring back shock absorption
- Compact Folding Design – Easy to fold and pack away
- Aluminium Base Coating – Coating on the base of the mat provides extra thermal insulation for the user
- Elastic Straps – For securing the sleep mat for easy transportation
TOTAL WEIGHT 0.235kg PACKSIZE L56.0 x H8.8 x W13.0cm HEIGHT 1.7cm LENGTH 182.0cm WIDTH 56.0cm
What does the R value stand for, and can I use this for Spring Camping ?
The R values are a measurement of thermal resistance. It measures heat flow through a given thickness of material. For Spring and Summer you would need a R value of 1- 2, but if you were hiking or camping in winter months then an R value of 4-5, would give you better protection. This mat has R value of 1.5, so will be ideal for the Summer and late spring months.