Nikwax Sandal & Sports Shoe Wash 125ml
A Speciality cleaner designed to freshen and deodorise all non waterproof footwear, insoles and foot beds. Easy to use, non-flammable and free from aerosols.
Deodorising cleaner for sandals, non-waterproof sports shoes and insoles
Cleans effectively and deodorises
Extends the useful life of your footwear and keeps your feet fresher and more comfortable
Recommended for all types of active non-waterproof footwear, sandals and insoles
Why sandals, sports shoes and footbeds start to smell after use…
Sandals, sports shoes, insoles and foot beds have one thing in common; over time, contact with your bare feet or sweaty socks will lead to a build-up of dirt, sweat and body oils. This leads to bacterial growth and smelly footwear!
Why sandals, sports shoes and foot beds start to smell after use…
If you’re a keen sports person or simply enjoy some active leisure time, your sports shoes are likely to smell bad at some point and the same can also be said for sandals.
Wearing sports shoes or sandals with bare feet will lead to a build-up of dirt, sweat and body oils . This will encourage the growth of bacteria, which cause smelly footwear, especially in hot conditions. The same issue will apply to shoes, foot beds and insoles, even if you’re wearing socks.
Additionally, if sandals and sports shoes are not adequately cleaned, bacterial growth will lead to decomposition of the materials and stitching. This is especially common in natural materials such as leather and cork as they are broken down by bacteria for nourishment, leading to them rotting and reducing the useful life time of your footwear.
Nikwax Sandal & Sports Shoe Wash™ is a highly effective cleaner and deodoriser which has been designed and optimised to clean and deodorise all non-waterproof footwear, including shoes, sandals and next to skin areas of footwear, such as insoles and foot beds.
Apply Nikwax Sandal & Sports Shoe Wash by hand…
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose dirt and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press brush applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- Dry away from direct heat.
Note: Colour may run, test on a hidden area first. For cleaning waterproof footwear use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
Allow footwear to dry naturally…
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture; this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can cause bonded soles to peel.