Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof 125ml
Sponge on applicator for waterproofing
High performance water proofer designed to maintain texture and breathability of nubuck and suede footwear. Easy to apply by hand, non flammable and PFC free.
Easy to use sponge-on waterproofing for all nubuck and suede footwear
Adds water repellency, revives breathability and maintains the texture of your footwear
Enhances the performance of your footwear, keeping your feet warmer and drier.
Recommended for Gore-Tex® and eVent®, Sympatex ® and all other waterproof Nubuck and Suede footwear
Why breathability depends upon water repellency…
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer nubuck or suede absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™.
Waterproof footwear needs to be breathable…
When you’re active and wearing footwear, your socks draw moisture away from your feet, keeping them dry. However, if your footwear absorbs water and ‘wets out’ its breathability will be reduced. Moisture vapour will not be able to escape through the material, so your feet will feel clammy and wet. Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ adds Durable Water Repellency (DWR), which prevents water absorption, whilst maintaining breathability, keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
Apply Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ by hand
- Brush off dirt with a damp cloth and clean using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Shake well before use. Protect work surface.
- Apply generously to wet footwear; spray from a distance of 5cm or sponge on.
- Carefully remove excess drips or runs and allow to dry naturally.
Note: Light/coloured nubuck or suede may darken after treatment. Test on a hidden area first.
Always allow footwear to dry naturally…
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture, this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.